How To Replace Your Missouri Drivers License
If your Missouri drivers license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you'll need to get it replaced immediately. We offer links to resources that will save you time and get you going in the right direction. Select from the options below to get started.
Online application assistance can simplify the process for many DMV related services, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to the free forms and general instructions available from the DMV offices or websites, you will receive a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs. Where possible, we will prepare your DMV forms and/or provide links to DMV online services. Via our partners at Road America, you will also receive 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service. In addition, you will be able to take advantage of a free membership to DMV Advisors, a state-specific help desk prepared to answer any driver-related questions or concerns you may have. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.
2: By mail, if eligible (read below for instructions)
Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the DOR in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local DOR.
3: Via a local DOR office
If you prefer to access DOR services in person or your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at a physical DOR office location. Varying DOR offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the DOR closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your local DOR allows you to make a personal appointment. Read more below to see if an in person visit is either preferred or required.
Replacing Your Missouri Drivers License
Should your need to replace your Missouri drivers license, follow these steps:
- Print out your form and step-by-step checklist.
- Visit the nearest Missouri Department of Revenue office.
- Present proof of identity, residency, lawful presence and all applicable fees.
- Complete the vision and road sign recognition test.
Proofs of Identity, Residency and Lawful Presence
Those seeking to replace their driver’s license with a duplicate after it has been lost or stolen should know that they will require proof of identity, residency and lawful presence. All documents must beoriginal and certified. Applicants who use copies will find that they will be unable to perform their replacement. The following are examples of documents that will be accepted:
- U.S. passport or passport card
- A verbal statement of a person residing at the same residence or address and must accompany and present proof of residence address
- Missouri ID card not expired for over a year
- Missouri vehicle registration and title showing the same address as which applicant resides now
- Utility statement
- Any document issued by a financial institute that includes residence address
- Any item delivered by US postal service, FedEx or UPS by verifiable business or government agency
- U.S. government-issued marriage certificate
Renew Missouri Driver License If Out Of State
Only out-of-state active duty military personnel and their families can apply for a duplicate license by mail. All others must apply for a duplicate license in person.
- Replace your Missouri CDL license here.
- Replace your Missouri Car Title here.
- Replace your Missouri Car Registration here.