Missouri Drivers License Change of Address Requirements
Have you recently moved to a new residence in Missouri? The state Department of Revenue (DOR) requires you to process an address change on your Missouri drivers license as soon as possible. Fortunately, all you need to do for a Missouri drivers license change of address is to notify your local DOR. Select from the options below to get started.
Online application assistance can simplify the process for many DMV related services, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to the free forms and general instructions available from the DMV offices or websites, you will receive a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs. Where possible, we will prepare your DMV forms and/or provide links to DMV online services. Via our partners at Road America, you will also receive 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service. In addition, you will be able to take advantage of a free membership to DMV Advisors, a state-specific help desk prepared to answer any driver-related questions or concerns you may have. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.
2: By mail, if eligible
Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the DOR in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local DOR.
3: Via a local DOR office
If you prefer to access DOR services in person or your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at a physical DOR office location. Varying DOR offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the DOR closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your local DMV allows you to make a personal appointment. Read more below to see if an in-person visit is either preferred or required.
How to Change Your Address on Your Missouri Drivers License
Applying for an Address Change
Drivers who need to update their address can perform a change of address two ways:
- Online address change request
- Submit a completed address change request form
The Missouri DOR makes changing your address a quick and easy process thanks to its available online option. Simply:
- Download the Form 126 and mail it. The information needed on the form is:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Name
- Last four digits of SSN
- Daytime phone number
- Email address
- Confirm email address
- Old address with street address, city, state, zip, county
Documents Needed For Missouri Address Change
Proof Of Identity/Presence
- U.S. government-issued birth document
- U.S. consular report on birth abroad
- Valid US passport or passport card
- A tribal ID card
- U.S. immigration documents
- U.S. naturalization documents
Proof Of Residence
- U.S. passport or passport card
- A verbal statement of a person residing at the same address must accompany you and present proof of residence.
- A Missouri ID card that has not expired for over a year.
- Missouri vehicle registration and title showing the same address where applicant currently resides.
- Utility statement
- Any document issued by a financial institution that includes the resident’s address.
- Any item delivered by U.S. postal service, FedEx, or UPS by verifiable business or government agency.
- U.S. government issued marriage certificate.
All documents must be certified, original copies only. An applicant that submits a copied or faxed document will be unable to perform the change of address procedure.
Changing Your Address When Moving From Another State
If you have recently moved from another state, you might want to consider acquiring a new license in order to reflect your new address. For more information on changing your address on your new drivers license, click here.
- Change your address on your Missouri CDL license here.
- Change your address on your Missouri Car Title here.
- Change your address on your Missouri Car Registration here.